Sunday, November 22, 2009

Veteran's Day, and a little mischief baby

Jaden's school sent home a star for us to decorate and write the name of a Veteran in our family.

It was a good opportunity to teach Jaden what Veterans are and how important they are to our country. My grandpa was in the Air Force, and although he died before Jaden was born, he knows who Grandpa Bill is.

This is the star after we printed his name on it and a couple little things....

and turn your head sidways for a close up... (forgot to edit the pic before posting...oops)

and here we have the handsome little bugger working on it. He had fun, I put the dots of glue on and he put the rhinestones on...


and here's the finished product.


They got to hang up their stars in the hall at school. They also had a big assembly honoring all the Veterans. How cool!! It was fun teaching Jaden about Veterans and he thought it was SOOO cool that Grandpa Bill flew airplanes!!

I'm constantly taking a little munchkin down off the counters. It's so frustrating that NOTHING is safe in my house. She can open doors, climb on counters, mess up the cupboards... you name it!! This girl can do any kind of mischief imaginable. I thought I had seen it all with Jaden, but he was never a climber...


I usually just groan at her on the counter and put her down. But this time I had to get out the camera! I can't believe I let her do this while I took pics, but it was worth it!! There was already a spoon in the Ovaltine, so I guess I made it too easy for her.
Time to invest in some door locks. We have handle-type door knobs... it would just be too convenient to be able to use the dozens of regular knob covers that we already have. Now if I could just figure out how to bolt the stools to the floor.... hmmmmm.

2 comments:

Brand.Dodie.Kenadie.Logan said...

That is so funny! What a cute little girl!

Julie N. said...

Aren't climbers fun?! You're right nothing is ever safe! At least she looks cute doing it!