Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Mimunk

The other day I came into the living room to see KynnLee with her head under the blinds at this window talking and pointing excitedly about something.

I opened the blinds to see this looking back at her...

Look closely.
It's there.


Or here's a close up.


She was so stinkin cute!! She'd say "Wook!! Wook!!"
Seriously, what are the chances of her looking out a window we rarely use when a chipmunk is there??

I told her it was a chipmunk. I think he lives under all those sticks.


He would go under the sticks and she'd say, "Where de go?? Where mimpmunk?"

I watched with her for a few minutes and told her that the sticks were his house and she would jabber about it and I'd hear the words "mimpmunk" and "house". We opened the window and threw some bread crumbs to him and he ran away. After I walked away, a few minutes later I heard her say, "Dere he is!!!! Wook! Wook!! It's mimpmunk!"

Sure enough, I came to look and he was back! She even got to see him eating her bread. It was so fun!



A short while later we had to go get Jaden from school. On our way home I told her to tell Jaden what she saw.

"Janen!! ... jibber jabber... a Mimpmunk!!"
Those two would have thrown a whole loaf of bread to that chipmunk if I would have let them. He came to visit through the window for a few days. We haven't seen him in a bit, but we should check more often, or maybe throw him more bread.
Jaden told me, "Mom, I think he wants to be our pet".
Me: "Ok, he can be our OUTSIDE pet".

4 comments:

Tanya said...

Super cute, "outside pets" are the best ones to have. Kyn's hair is cute too!!

Beeda said...

She is too cute!

Lisa said...

I love this mimpmunk story!

Colleen said...

I love your story! That is super cute!! I remember my little nephew used to call them "mecunk". It wasn't as cute when he started to say it right!! :) Love ya!