Sunday, November 2, 2008

Trick-or-Treat fun!

What a fun Halloween we had! Jaden was Mr. Incredible... actually he's been Mr. Incredible for the past 4 months (thanks to Micalla), and KynnLee was a ballerina. We were originally going to have KynnLee be Jack-Jack/ Kynn-Kynn to match Jaden. But I came across my old ballerina figurines when we moved here and I put them up on a shelf in her room and that girl absolutely loves them!! She will grin at them from across the room and just loves to touch them and look at them, so I couldn't help but have her be a ballerina for her first Halloween! And she was the cutest ballerina I have ever seen!!!

We had a little playdate/Halloween party on Wednesday and the kids had a lot of fun. This is KynnLee with her little friend Jaxon. They are so cute together! And of course we have Mr. Incredible showing off his muscles...

How cute is that?!?!?




Here's the actual finished ballerina costume. I can't tell you how fun it was to get my little princess all dressed up and do her hair all fancy. Maybe next year she'll be old enough to put makeup on too!! Click on the pictures to enlarge...



Whoever said ballerinas can't be chubby?? :)

I was so crushed that the ballerina's accessories didn't cooperate. The shoes were too big (but were on clearance so I had to get them anyway!) so I put some ribbon in them and around the ankle to look like pointe shoes and that girl kept kicking them off! The headpiece I made turned out so cute! Even I was impressed! But whilst we were in the car on the way to go trick-or-treating, Mr. Incredible thought he needed to take a look at the headpiece and BROKE IT!! I made sure to get pictures of the accessories. But she was still a gorgeous little ballerina, despite the costume malfunctions...


You gotta click on this one to get the whole effect...


Mr. Incredible thought he was pretty darn cool with his mask actually painted on...



And here's Jaden and his cute little girlie friends. It's funny because he had lots of boy buddies in Kentucky, and the kids his age here are all girls. But he doesn't care, he likes his friends all the same. And we're trying to teach him to be a gentleman to the little girlies. I must admit that he picks some pretty darn cute girls for his friends...




The ballerina gave up...

4 comments:

elizabeth said...

WE MISS YOU! Have you sold your home yet? It's not to late to come back! Cute pics!!! BTW..Maxim and Karina are an item....who do you think will win DWTS???

Dina said...

way cute costumes! Looks like a fun Halloween!

Tanya said...

Cute costumes, can't wait to finially see kynLee tomorrow!! But the favorite sister is going to get you, so hopefully you can find time to come to my house, do you remember how to get here??

Tanya said...

Okay, I know I spelled her name wrong just call me grandma.