Saturday, August 8, 2009

Utah/Idaho trip!

I'm trying to catch up on everything that went down on our trip to Utah and Idaho.

Myleigh and Jaden didn't waste any time wreaking havoc... it's what they do best. This was one of the first things they did when we got there...

They could have done that for hours. Jumping off the ping-pong table and onto the Love Sacs. It was actually really good for them to burn off some of their endless energy. Jaden and Myleigh are two peas-in-a-pod. They love playing together.

Then it was Lagoon time! I didn't get a hole lot of pics because it was blasted hot, or as some might say, "hotter than a festered eyeball". So we did a divide-and-conquer thing. Trevor took the older kids on the big rides, and Tanya, Micalla and myself took Nikyla and the little ones on the kiddie rides.


Notice Jaden has to check out how everything works.


It's been years since I've been home during the summer. So I couldn't help but take pictures when I went outside...

Then it was BOATING for like 4 days in a row!! Trevor kind of got bored of it after a couple days, but this is how I grew up, it runs in my blood, I don't get tired of boating.


These two, Kade and Mikka, are water-skiing/wakeboarding FOOLS! They just couldn't get enough.


I can't believe how many pictures I have of Kade with his TONGUE hanging out!! Wonder where he gets that from...

I didn't get any good pics of Mikka in action, I was either not in the boat when she was wakeboarding, or I just didn't have my camera. Darn!

Here's KynnKynn on her first boat ride. THIS BABY LOVES THE BOAT! I don't think she has EVER sat on my lap so content and still as she did when she was on the boat. I thought she was sleeping, and she looks half asleep in the pic, but I assure you she was wide awake.


She would stand on the dock and wave at all the boats that came by and say "Bye boat!" over and over. In fact, I think this was her favorite spot at Beeda and Pa's house...


She would wave at the boats here too. What a little princess!

That night, Grandpa Dan took Jaden out to catch some night crawlers...


And took him fishing the next day...

Unfortunately, the only fish that was caught was "Karl"...

There was a big ole fish hanging out under the dock, so Kade threw a line in and caught it!! You have to look close to see it, I was out on the boat when I took the pic and had to zoom way in, it's pretty big! They all played with it forever, and named it Karl. They even used it to get a tube that was out of reach... flung Karl on the other side of it and pulled it in... SICK! Leave it to Kade.
to be continued...

1 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

Boating so much! WOW!!! How awesome to be right there on the river. What a great vacation!