Saturday, October 10, 2009

More strawberries!

Like I said, KynnLee's room is coming along slowly but surely. Here's what we've got so far...

The wipes box on her dresser was becoming an eye-sore for me, so I had to cover it...

The bookshelf looks kinda cluttery right now. But I'm hoping she will get some really cute strawberry stuff for Christmas that would look fantastic on the shelf. Like maybe a cute Strawberry doll, a Strawberry Castle, anything cute like that. :)



I moved her bows to this ribbon on the inside of her closet door. The collection was just getting too big to keep on the wall. And you all know I can't resist but to just keep adding to the collection :). I have 2 more strands of ribbon ready to add more bows, so there's plenty of room!! There's also her adorable Strawberry Shortcake hat that Beeda made her... yes, my little princess is going to be Strawberry Shortcake for Halloween! Darn, I so wish I still had the Strawberry Shortcake dolls I played with when I was little. I've seen a lot of them go for a good chunk of change on eBay ($75!!). Not that I would sell them, but KynnKynn would enjoy them.


And of course we still have her ballerinas on the shelf in her room along with actual pointe shoes worn by none-other than Karie Lee Hellewell :). They've all been there since she was 6months old and she absolutely LOVED them the second I put them up. She still reaches for them, and when I give her one she will gasp and then just hold it and look at it. She won't settle for the sturdy stuffed ones either, she has to have the fragile, breakable ones... several of which she has broken. I actually found some Strawberry Shortcake Ballerina fabric!! I'm so excited to use it to tie everything together... I just need to figure out what to use it for.

And on a non-strawberry note, we had "family movie night" last night. Jaden has been looking forward to it all week. So he could "watch movies downstairs and eat junk food!". We put together our pirate pumpkin, ate our goodies on the halloween platter, trays, and cups. Then we watched Monsters vs. Aliens. Good times!


7 comments:

Melissa Ekman said...

It all looks so cute.

Shanna said...

So cute Karie!!!!

If you need me to keep my eye out for stuff let me know!

Shanna

Karie said...

Heck yeah!! Keep an eye out Shanna! I want a strawberry rug. I emailed a girl that does a really cute crafty blog to see if she would do a tutorial on how to make one because I can't find anything.

Dina said...

WOW! It's all soooo cute! Good Job! I love it! How did you like the movie? Was it any good?

Julie N. said...

So fun! It makes me excited for all the little girl stuff. And I love the pirate pumpkin!

Rachel Holloway said...

OH SO CUTE! It's totally coming together! I can't wait to see her costume! :)

Kurt and Lacey Kinghorn said...

My fav is the chandelier, it's soooo cute you did an awesome job on it, especially after seeing what it started out as!!