Friday, October 3, 2008

The big camping trip....

We went camping last weekend with 5 other student couples. As much as I am NOT a camper, we had a lot of fun.

This was KynnLee's bed, she was funny when I first put her in there.


Jaden always manages to become friends with the CUTEST little girls! I guess I shouldn't expect anything less from this handsome little booger... This is his friend, Sage, that he played with a lot on the trip. They were pretty funny to watch, a lot of people were laughing at how cute they were.

Jaden was so excited to go fishing that he could hardly contain himself. It was a little over an hour away to the campground and in the car he kept saying, "Gosh, this is taking FOREVER!".

A few months ago he had this burning desire to go fishing at Grandpa Dan's. I mean, he wanted to get in the car, go to the airport and go to Grandpa's house NOW! So I let him call my dad and ask him if he could go to Grandpa's RIGHT NOW and go fishing... of course my dad didn't catch the hint and told Jaden "Sure you can come over and go fishing!!" (way to add fuel to the fire, dad!).

So it's been a long awaited thing for him to go fishing. We walked from the campground to the fishing spot on Lake Erie. Trevor took him out on a rocky nook and I couldn't take KynnLee in the stroller, so I had to get the pic from far away. Trevor cast out the line and gave the pole to Jaden and told him to hold on, but he started reeling it in. He told him to wait a minute but Jaden just kept reeling it in... and he caught a fish the first cast!!! GO JADEN-BOY! He went back to camp and told everyone about it and they all thought it was so cute!


We stopped and checked out the Lighthouse on Lake Erie on our way out. It was pretty neat,
but I wish it wasn't so cold that day. The wind didn't help, but the lake water was actually really warm.

I have a few more pics to post later, but you all better savor these because our camera broke last night!!!! I don't know when we'll be able to take pictures again...

6 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

Are you kidding? Your CAMERA BROKE!? DANG! No fun!

What a fun camping trip. We will have to try to go next time...what a great shot of your guys fishing!!!

Tanya said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun without us......thanks for inviting us!!

C'est Moi said...

LOVE YOUR BLOG BACKGROUND! Looks like a fun trip!

Anonymous said...

Hey I found you off Kerry's blog! You have a little girl! She is adorable, of course. I can't believe Jaden is 4!!! Brielle is getting baptized Saturday! Crazy how fast is goes.

Dina said...

It was sooo much fun! Hey do you have the picture of all of us? If you do let me know, cause I would love a copy of it! Thanks for the Halloween party too! We had a TON of fun!

Dina said...

Oh yeah, sorry to comment again, but I need your email address. I have a few pictures that I want to give you from our caming trip.