Monday, October 13, 2008

Jaden-boy

Ok, Tanya tagged me like forever ago. Since my camera is still broken, I have to use old pictures. So here's 6 random things about Jaden...

1) Jaden Dan Haynes (named after my dad) was born March 23 2004 at a whoppin 5lbs 8oz and spent 8 days in the NICU. I totally believe that the NICU experience has everything to do with his "strong-willed" and "determined" personality... because I certainly had nothing to do with that...



2) He was nick-named Jaden-boy when he was about 6 months old by his cousin, Myleigh, who was 2 at the time. It was so funny when she started calling him "Jadie-boy" or "Jada-boy" and everyone else started saying it and the name just stuck ever since.

Despite him being 110% total boy, he does love Myleigh and Nikyla and allows them to do his hair and nails once in a while... but ONLY them! He IS a well-groomed boy!


3) Every single morning Jaden comes in our room and snuggles with his dad (yes, his DAD! I get snuggles once in a while ONLY if dad is gone). He comes in the room and walks ALL THE WAY round the bed (usually in the dark) to climb in on his dad's side. This has been going on since he was born, he's the cuddliest child I've ever met. You HAVE to spoon him, if you turn over he will climb over you, and if you scoot back, he will scoot back. Things have to be done HIS way (hence the strong-willed personality).


4) Jaden loves to do anything manly. He used to get his motorcycle and tools out and "fix" his cycle. He has helped my dad change brakes on a car and loved every second of it (so did grandpa!). Anything to do with tools and he is there. He used to LOVE working on the basement with us when we lived in Kentucky. I even have pics of him hammering screws into the 2x4's, and they stuck!

5) Jaden is the master of mischief. Of his umpteen million sick days, I don't remember not-a-one of them being a day where he just took it easy on the couch. This picture was taken a few hours after he had tubes put in his ears... this face says "mischief managed, moving on to dumping out the ovaltine"...

6) Jaden is the best brother a little girl could ever have. He absolutely LOVES his sister and is VERY protective of her. A friend was holding her in primary one Sunday and he marched up to her and started saying "That's MY sissy!! You give her back to my mom!! Put her DOWN!! That's my sissy!". He was pretty upset about that. I guess we don't have to worry about anyone giving her any guff in school....
This is a pic of him kissing her bye on his first day of preschool.


I tag: Myleigh Vallace

Kendall Richins

Jenna Holloway

2 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

Okay you! Taking on the challenge...will work on it! :)

Tanya said...

It's about flippin time!!