Monday, January 19, 2009

Christmas pics and other things I've slacked on...

I know, I know, I'm a slacker in the blog department.

First off, I just have to show you the car that we "purchased" and totaled....





Nice eh? If you're going to wreck a car, might as well do a good job of it.

And for my biggest news yet... I can't believe I didn't get this posted earlier... KynnLee got her first FRENCH BRAIDS over Christmas!!!! How many 10 month old babies have you seen with french braids? Sorry, I just have to gloat, I absolutely love that my girl has lots of hair. Perhaps I may like it even more because it is one of the few things my girl gets from her mom... so unfair when they look like dad.




Pictures don't do it justice... it was seriously the cutest thing I've ever seen!!! I'd do it more often if I could catch her sleeping in a good position to do her hair.

My mom's family has a Christmas party at the bowling alley every year. It was fun to be there and see everyone since we never make it to family reunions or anything anymore. There's never a dull moment with the aunts around (my mom has 7 sisters). I wish I would have gotten some pics of my aunts, they are drop dead hilarious (air-headed)I tell you! But Jaden went bowling for the first time....



Of course I couldn't pass up a shot of the feet. Sometimes I think *I* should be the one going to Podiatry school...


Jaden and cousin Kaleb crashin' down the bowling alley....


Oh, and what a surprise!!!! Santa showed up!!! Jaden may have been shy at first, but he was downright ready with his Christmas list... a bike, a pipes truck (pickup truck), a fire truck, and a police car. (I think that was right)




The kiddos in their Christmas Eve jammies, I couldn't get them to give me a good pic.



And here's some of my favorites of Christmas morning....



I just LOVE that face!!

Jaden is not much for pics. (I love when I end up in a picture w/o makeup on... thanks Beeda!)


So Jaden starts asking my dad if he will take him fishing. They both love fishing. Convenient that they live on the river, I think that just fed Jaden's want. They talked about it for a while, I don't think my dad had real intentions of going down there, but Jaden wouldn't let him off the hook. So that's where they are headed... it was so funny listening to their conversation.... "but grandpa, you can break the ice on the river, and put the hook in...."

I wish I would have gotten pics, but it was freezing cold. The river was literally iced over all the way across. This is throwing rocks on another day...
(Beeda and Grandpa got new stairs down to the river...)




Another thing I didn't get pics of is when Jaden went to work with Grandpa. That boy loved every second of it (I think Grandpa did too!)!! First off, grandpa took him on a ride on the "snow motorcycle". Then they fixed a lawnmower, and a chainsaw, and lots of other things right up Jaden's alley.

We had a great trip. Then it was time to come back home to reality...

2 comments:

Dina said...

OH WOW! That car really got smashed!!!! It looks like you guys had a great Christmas though! I love the French Braids! That's way cute!

Rachel Holloway said...

oh man! That was a bad wreck for sure!

How fun to see all your pics from christmas! I love the braids. Jenna has always had a lot of hair like that too--and I think it's TOTALLY adorable!!