Monday, January 5, 2009

Merry Crash-mas

We've had an exciting and fun-filled trip to Utah/Idaho, to say the least. So far, we've totaled a car, made 2 trips to the ER for KynnLee, had Rx phoned in for Jaden... why do kids always have things go wrong when you're away from home and their Pediatrician?? Seriously...

So we arrived to SLC on the 16th, "purchased" a car from Kent (the bro-in-law)and drove it up to Idaho on the 18th. We were on our way to get Mexican food that night, with 7 people in the car, and a Mexican turned left in front of us and we plowed into them. Their momentum dragged us into another pickup truck waiting at the light. Since the light was yellow, the BRILLIANT officer declined to give anybody a citation and said he would let the insurance companies duke it ou. Oh, but it gets better... the third car we ran into happened to be an ex-serious-boyfriend of mine, lovely! :o) His comment was "What a way to run into an ex-girlfriend, eh?" And it still gets a little better... the Mexican didn't have insurance. That's just the way some of them roll... How many of you can say you purchased a car and totaled it in the same day? It was perfect for us... a Trailblazer with a 3rd seat. Lots of room, but not a huge SUV. What a pitty.

So then the days following, my little beauty queen has had a cold and gets really fussy... I knew it must be her first ear infection. Jaden has taught us the signs all too well. So I call the pediatrician, and the insurance. Pediatrician says to take her in, the insurance says the only thing that is covered out-of-town is the ER. So we go to the ER on the snowey-est day of the year, I think they had about 6 inches of snow so far that day, and the little tiny ER in Burley, Idaho had 5 ambulances. We were glad that the Dr. was nice about things and got us what we needed. She was a new baby by the next day. A couple days later, Jaden developes an eye infection. I was very glad that the Pediatrician phoned in a prescription for him, we didn't want to go to the ER for eye drops...

We had a great Christmas. KynnLee was most interested in the TAGS on everything, not the boxes and paper, or toys, but the tags. She loves her ballerina bear that Jaden made for her at Build-a-Bear, and Jaden loves his Mack Truck that KynnLee got for him. They were so stinkin cute on Christmas morning! They absolutely love eachother! I'll post all the cute pics after we get home.

So then the scary thing comes... I was at Micalla's in Utah and the little princess baby starts crying out of nowhere, I pick her up, she's crying and holding her breath as she turns blue. As I'm freaking out, I blow in her face and she finally took a breath and then passed out. It was the freakiest thing! After she woke up and I held her for a bit she acted fine. I mentioned it to Micalla and she said that she had done the same thing the day before when she was watching her. I called the Pediatrician (again) and she said to just watch her and sometimes kids do that. So then KynnLee does it 2 more times within a few hours. I called the Pediatrician (yet again) and they say to take her to the ER. I have to say I was glad that she didn't do this while we were in Burley, I trust the ER at McKay-Dee much better than in Burley. And it was nice that Tanya knew most of the Docs and told me which ones to avoid. So, an EKG and an x-ray later they say she's fine. And she's been fine ever since, hasn't passed out. What a freakish thing!!

So we have 2 days left before we go home, we are finally going to go get that Mexican food tonight. I'll let you know if anything else exciting happens...

6 comments:

Tanya said...

Sounds Like your prejudice

Rachel Holloway said...

OH GOSH! Sounds crazy! I hope things stay under control tonight... :) enjoy that mexican food...while bitterly recalling the hispanics who left you abandoned in the insurance department.

Did you have any coverage? Will you be able to get it replaced or buy something else out here with the money you could get from it? It sounds like it would have been great for ya! Darn it!

Can't wait till you're back! I have been wanting to get together and chat sometime...feels like you have been gone forever! :)

Dina said...

WOW! and I thought my Christmas was crazy! I hope things are getting better for you! What are you guys going to do with the car you bought out there? See you guys soon!

Tanya said...

I didn't leave the first comment, it was Nick......he really needs to start signing his name. I was wondering what those e-mails from you were about.

The Flitton's said...

So was the person really a Mexican or are you just calling them that? I can't top any of your stories! You finally got your SUV-I am so sorry it was in an accident! So Jackson does the exact same thing that Kynnlee does - he's done it for over a year now. It's really freaky - I feel for you guys. Hope the rest of your break was fun and uneventful!

Jamie and Darla said...

I always knew you hated me cause I am Mexican... Hate Mexicans but eat our food. I see how it is. Ha! Ha! For reals though no taco's for you if you ever come visit! ;-)
I miss having you here. You are fun to be mean to!