Sunday, September 28, 2008

Frustrations...

I just have to vent my frustrations.

Nobody in my family understands what it's like to live so far away from home. I'm left out of everything... holiday gatherings (even Christmas & Thanksgiving), baptisms, blessings, birthdays, everything. Including the family vacation to Hawaii, but we're punished with that because of school. Meanwhile, I guess everyone thinks that we are having a good time on the holidays all by our lonesome... not true.

It's just frustrating talking to other student families who have visitors all the time... and their visiting families are coming from Utah and Idaho as well. One friend said that her parents came out here 5 times last year... 5 times. That didn't include the siblings from both sides of the family that also visited. We lived in Kentucky for 2 years and we got visitors twice, and one visit was for KynnLee's blessing.

When we first moved to Kentucky, the hardest thing for me was missing my neices and nephews that I was like a second mom to. But now on top of that, I hate the fact that KynnLee is 7 months old and only knows her mom, dad, and brother. I guess I just have to get used to the fact that my family will not see my kids grow up over the next four years... and who knows after that.

I'm certainly not mad at anyone, just frustrated that this is how it is.

4 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

First off, I recalculated...my mom only came 4 times last year. Not that it makes a difference...but just realized.

It really stinks that it is so hard to be away from home. I know you don't think I could understand, but I do. I really think that last year was a fluke that we had so many people come--it was mainly because we found $60 round trip place tickets from SLC to here and people couldn't turn that down. We even paid for my mom to come one of the times. But really, it is usually very lonely. My family often goes WEEKS without ever calling, and when I DO get to talk they are all busy. They don't even read my blog!

It is frustrating. THAT part I DO understand.

I really hope things turn around for you--that you get those visitors and can be with family again. I really do!

And if you're here during the holidays, just know that we will be too. Our families don't fly us home like most people's...and we can't afford to go ourselves. Maybe we can get together if you don't have other plans. We would LOVE that! Holidays are a big deal to us!!!

Tanya said...

And you expected?????? We're happy to help you move back whenever you want. Keep smilin it isn't that bad, we've all been there in one way or another....Nick

Rob and Jennifer said...

I hear ya girl! Being away from the family is hard and we don't even have kids yet. You miss out on so much stuff. It makes me sad that I am not able to see Jared's little girl growing up. They grow up too fast! It is defiantly a sacrifice you have to make but just hang in there, the time will go by fast. In the long run, I am sure you will be glad you did what you did.

Jamie and Darla said...

Just get a hard heart like me and then you will not care ;-) It was hard my first few years but the older your kids get the less you will feel left out-- you will be to busy. When are you coming back to Kentucky LOSER!