Thursday, September 25, 2008

Kids' Conversations....

Jaden has a cute little friend, Jenna, and they have some pretty funny conversations. I need to write them down because I've forgotten some funny ones. Keep in mind that both these kids are only 4....

Jaden: "Jenna, what's your phone number?"
Jenna: "Holloway!"
Jaden: "Oh, ok." (like, 'wow, that's a good phone #') "How many letters are in your name?"
Jenna: "J.E.N.N.A!" (all slured into one quick syllable)


Last week Jaden was throwing an absolute fit in the car and kicking the seat etc. I told him if he didn't stop then I was going to take Jenna home....

Jenna: (very calm) "Jaden, you better stop or your mom will take me home. Why are you having a fit?"

Jaden: "Because my mom made me mad!" (an keeps yelling and kicking...)

Jenna: "Jaden, you need to change your attitude. Look, I have a good attitude, your mom has a good attitude, and your dog has a good attitude (Phoebe was in the car too). But you don't have a good attitude. You need to change your attitude or your mom will take me home. Why are you having a bad attitude?....."

I don't remember what else she said, but she went on for a bit and meanwhile Jaden was froze, totally silent listening to her. I thought "you GO girl! Keep that boy in line!"

Why he will listen to a 4yr old girl and not his mother is beyond me.....


My all-time favorite kid conversation was between Kade and Rylee when they were about 3....

Rylee: "Kade, put up your dukes!!" (she had her fists up)

Kade: (looks down at his feet) "Rylee, I don't got no boots on."

Rylee: "Kade, put up your dukes!! Come on!! Put up your dukes!"

Kade: "RYLEE, I said I don't got no boots on, look (lifts his leg), no boots."

Rylee: "Put up your dukes, Kade!" (fists still raised)

Kade: (turns to Trevor) "Trevor, will you tell Rylee that I don't got no boots on?"

Crazy kids.

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Oh, that's so funny!!! I don't remember this conversation between Rylee and Kade, I've started writing this stuff down. I have short term memory loss. I like the one where Nikyla said "Karie asked for a girl but your work gave her a boy."

Rachel Holloway said...

THANKS for sharing those hilarious conversations! Jenna sure does have a way of speaking... :) I am so glad she and Jaden get along! I love watching them play!