Monday, September 8, 2008

Who needs a big man around the house anyway?

Apparently I don't. Me and my little man get along just fine taking care of things around the house, the KynnLee girl, and the Phoebe dog. Trevor has been missing from our household since Friday..... Thursday maybe.... I don't even know, but he's not here. It's his first test week and he's been gone till the wee hours in the morning every night.

I've had car trouble lately, I think I've gotten a jump like 5 times in the last week or so. Of course we don't have extra money sitting in the bank for when our car battery goes bad so I tried to put it off. It just got worse and worse. So today, I changed the battery in my car, all by myself! I didn't even talk to my dad (although I did call him.... "Laurie said he was really, really busy").

Meanwhile Jaden turned his little push car over (which he is way to big for, by the way) and got out some tools (a whole pile of just wrenches) and fixed his car too.

Jaden now knows all about jumping a car. When someone was giving me a jump (don't even remember which time it was) he was telling them what to do and how it works. He just looked at him quizically and turned to me and said, "He's seen this before, eh?" Jaden also knows that the car won't always start lately. After I got the battery in and put my hood down it started right up and Jaden's face lit up and he said "It works!!! Great job mom!"

After the battery was taken care of, Jaden started asking if we could mow the lawn. It did need mowed so I thought what the heck. Trevor's not going to get it done anytime soon. I got the mower out and then he saw his little friend Alex going by on his bike and he ditched me and went for a bike ride instead (typical man)..... Alex's mom was there of course.

So me and my little man took care of the manly duties today. I have to say it has been nice not cleaning up after Trevor all the time..... I mean......uh...... don't tell him I said that!

4 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

WOO-HOO! You go GIRL! Super impressive...really. I will call you next time we have car trouble. :) Apparently you're the go-to girl in this department! :) YEAH!

Tanya said...

I've always said I could do it without a man. Way to go....you've made me proud!!!

Jaden is a crack up...... little stink.

The Flitton's said...

I am very impressed. It's awful not having a husband around, but at the same time kind of nice at time. Don't tell Jared I said that. Connor was talking about Jaden all day today - he keeps asking me when we're going to go play with Jaden's trains. Hope all is well.

Bernice Madsen said...

Wow, I'm so super impressed! I know who to call next time I need to do something like that with our car. :o)