Wednesday, April 22, 2009

better late than never...

Ok, the rest of the Kentucky pictures. It just takes so long to upload all the pics, so I put it off. But since I'm not feeling 100% today, it gave me the opportunity to finish. =)


So, yeah, after the Summitt we stayed at Elizabeth's house. The kids played, we went to church on Sunday... it was SO good to see everybody. I don't know how many excited "Are you moving back?" comments I got. I wish I could answer YES! Everybody is so sweet there.

We had a fantastic Sunday dinner at Elizabeth's and she invited her/my friend Kim, one of my Canadian friends, so we could catch up.

(...more bars in more places....)

After dinner the kids were dinking around with this microphone that dubbs your singing into the radio.

Then I hear Elizabeth say, "Oh my gosh, is he singing Applebottom Jeans?!?".

Yes, he was. VERY few songs this kid knows, and Applebottom Jeans is one of them. Seriously, won't sing at Primary, just really has never been into singing... can't say I don't know where he gets it...

For whatever reason, KynnLee thought Luke was pretty cool that night. I'm not exactly sure why, because as you can see, he just kind of ignored her. I thought it was cute, she's such a sweet baby.


And the last and final day was spent at the Zoo with Connor, the Zoo expert. Seriously, that kid knows more about animals than most adults. In fact, he got upset because Jaden called the Gorilla a Monkey. Becky and I were cracking up! I should have got pics of Becky and Jaxon too, he's a cute little guy. These boys are so cute together. Connor was Jaden's first friend in Kentucky, they were best friends right off the bat...

He must have been telling Jaden the proper diet and favorite activities of the orangutan...

We can't make it through the Zoo without a few of these "OOooohhh" faces from KynnKynn. She's so animated!! I love it!

Leave it to my kids to hog the swings...
The boys were funny walking around with their snacks/junk food (cotton candy and popcorn). They were talking to the puma here.
We had a lot of fun. It worked out well to spend some time at the Zoo so we could make the drive home in the evening for the girl.
We'll have to plan another Kentucky trip!!! Dad will come with us this time. We are very sad that we missed Thunder over Louisville last weekend, it should totally be televised world-wide. My family and I watched the firework show on TV last year. I was surprised at how good it looked on TV... but still better in person. We'll have to watch the Derby on TV here in a couple weeks. =)

3 comments:

Ashly said...

i think i'm gonna need to see jaden singing Applebottom Jeans....too funny! and such *cute* pics!

Rob and Jennifer said...

Looks like fun! Your kids are just so dang cute. Hope all is going well with school.

Dina said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I hope you are feeling better! Your kids are so very cute!