Monday, April 6, 2009

Warning...picture overload

So, I was a big picture geek on my trip to Kentucky. Since Trev had to stay home to take tests (lucky!), I wanted to take lots of pics and show him how everything went down.

I've always thought downtown Cincinnati is really cool. So since we hit a little traffic, I took some pics, but this is the only one I'm posting...

I remember when we first moved to Kentucky and I thought it was a little annoying how they have horses everywhere... not actual horses, but like on the sign and stuff. After being there a while I realized that it's all really classy the way they use them. And being around for the Kentucky Derby I understood how big of a deal it is. I mean, 2 weeks of celebrations before Derby?? The 2nd largest firework show in North America... it's a big deal. I mean, there were Dancing With The Stars contestants there... that pretty much sums it up for me! I now love their use of horses, I think it's really cool. Anyway, moving on...

Most of you are aware that my girl hates the car. The first half of the drive was ok, the 2nd half had to have a few extra stops. This was the last stop we made at a rest stop just outside of Cincinnati. She was clapping her hands and all happy, 30seconds later I put her in the car...

I will never attempt to travel with this baby during the day again. Of the whole 6 hours it took to get there (that includes stops), this girl slept for about 45 min. of it. The drive home was in the evening, she slept for over half of it.

First off was girl's night. Mexican food. Need I say more? Left to right is Darla, Christine, Ashly,(little Raegan), Rhonda, me, Elizabeth. It was so good to see little Raegan for the first time and we're so happy that Rhonda has a healthy little baby. Look at those cheeks! They were as yummy as they look! My heart goes out to her and her family every time I see a little one with Down Syndrome.

A big huge thanks to Kayla (and a bigger one to Jeff) for babysitting for me. Jaden thought it was cool to see his preschool again.

Jaden and Luke were inseperable. They had fun polishing their skills on the Wii. Jaden always curls his tongue like that when he's concentrating, it cracks me up!!

The next day was beautiful weather so we did some shopping at The Summitt. As I mentioned, Jaden and Luke were inseperable so I offered to take Luke with us. We started out at Old Navy, where the boys were wild and crazy. I mean, literally running and then sliding across the floor on their knees. So, we left in a hurry, but I was able to score some Nutcracker jammies on clearance for KynnKynn. LOVE THEM!! I ask her where her ballerina is and she points to her shirt... that's my girl!! We ended the Summitt adventure (that's not a joke) at Barnes and Noble with a cookie and chocolate milk for the boys. I know, I know, that was just like throwing fuel on the fire. Just don't tell Beeda that I allowed my child to have that much sugar...

Jaden knew very well that Barnes and Noble had a train table in the back. There was no skipping out on that, so we hung out there for a bit and KynnLee found herself a little Fancy Nancy doll. She was so stinkin funny with it, I almost had to buy the little $15 thing.

Of course ALL the kids are exhausted from walking all the way around the Summitt, so they took "the train" back to the car. Seriously, all of them, even KynnLee were doing the "woo woo" train whistle thing all the way back to the other side. I considered it my work-out for the day. (Don't tell Elizabeth about my pansy-of-a-work-out )

That night we got to stay at Elizabeth's and spend some time there. Jaden had fun playing with Madison and Meredith (probably his only girl buddies in KY) while I had a laugh at KynnLee on the grass. She *hates* touching the grass with her hands, she won't even stand up... I'm such a mean mom to be laughing...

Carson wasn't so sure of KynnLee, so we started him off with her locked up in the pack-n-play. He eventually approved of her and even let her suck on some of his toys...

Isn't he a handsome little man? Another healthy/miracle baby blessed to deserving parents. I got to meet this little guy before we left though. He would crawl around with his little tongue out like that, I couldn't resist a snapshot.



Ok, I'm all blogged out for the night. The rest of the trip will have to wait. Good night!

0 comments: